Skip to main content

Coming Back in 2012!

When I saw my last post it was 2011? Geezz it's been so loong after I get back to write on this blog. I've just really busy lately since the New Year's eve. I wanted to post about my first celebration of New Year's eve, sleep over with my AFS-YES friends which were really fun to do because I normally didn't play any fireworks, watching them light up the sky or even wait until the time passed after 12 pm. I usually just sleep no matter what year would passed.

But then all of the school, college and graduation consumed all of my time so I didn't even have time to go online and surfing on the Internet (well mostly because my laptop is so frustatingly sloowww (read: lemot). I prepared and study hard for UN, THE National Exam, then after the school is finished, I keep studying to get accepted in to college through SNMPTN of course. I go intensively to bimbel. Finally it all pay off, because I finally got accepted in Faculty of Medicine, University of Diponegoro! Yeaaay! And you know what? The announcement was even on a day before my birthday, July 7th! (it actually suppose to be right on my birthday but they decided to announce it sooner, a day before). So it's trully a wonderful gift for my birthday. I'm really happy for sure even though not as happy as if I can get that yellow jacket. Well the only problem is just Diponegoro is too far way from my hometown, I never went there and I am not a fan of sweet main dish (well you know javanese dish), since my background is Sumatrans as I eat chili everyday, so yeaah I'll get used to that.

So beside going to bimbel everyday (seems very boring huh?), I filled up my spare time with scrapbooking, I really love to do this, it's so much fun yet tiring, haha.. I did Hongkong-China trip which it actually like 3 years ago but my family haven't even print out the pictures yet, so I decided to do scrapbooking album for our trip.

Beside scrapbooking, I volunteered in Bina Antarbudaya to be the osberver for the first and the second selection. And also working on the alumni social project entitled "YES Berbagi". I become the Program Coordinator so I pretty much dealing with all stuff of the project starting from making the rundown, detail of the activities, contacting with the school and US Embassy. It's a bit frustrating at first because only half of my alumni friends can be the committee but fortunately we got enough donation and a lot help from the volunteers both returnee and non returnee of YES Berbagi so the program run successfully. It really worth watching the students of Ibnu Sina smile and happy when we were there but at the same time sad and personally I can't hold back my tears when the day come to an end. Hopefully the next batch would be more successfull than our very first batch! Come and join us to be volunteer and please kindly check our website: yesberbagi.wordpress.com


-NA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa