Skip to main content

Are we close enough?

A close friend of mine said this once. At some point you are close enough with someone, next time you know that they are strangers to you. Is it because you know them too much that they show you a different side of themselves that makes you disappointed upon them? If I may say, I don't even know how someone are close enough to me or not. How you define your closeness to anyone? Relationship between people is just so weird. You thought that you are closed enough to someone that you had share everything on your thought to them, you give hand when its needed, you give attention more than you gave to anyone else, yet sometimes you don't get any feedback from them then you feel somewhat useless. Other time you might even get attention and trust from someone that you don't even consider close enough to them because you only act casual to them but then they are very kind to you. How am I suppose to recognize people? After all, quality over quantity means better isn't it? You cannot push someone's feeling to have somewhat a chemistry or relationship. It really depend on how you feel when you connected towards them. I assume that if you have shown your vulnerability, share your secret and deepest thought, give lots of attention, and do not even hesitate to ask help from someone you may feel comfortable with them and you think they are close enough to you but I guess it is not what everyone else may think. How would you feel if you are not even recognize as "close" to someone although you have given everything for them and that they also said "that" to you but then they said they don't have any close one? I feel like slammed in my face. Maybe that I expect too much. Well in any relationship with people I think we just have to consider everyone as a casual friend, so that you won't regret later if you feel deeply involved with them. I won't be regret anymore and I have the right to refuse and make up my own mind. To be independent is good enough but I think you have to know other condition when you ask help from them, don't be too bothersome if you don't want others think bad about you. We have our own ego to show our existence yet we have to control it unless people think we are too selfish. Kindness from people have its limit and you don't want to take it for granted everything, sometimes you might want to pay back to them or simply pay it forward to receive more kindness from someone that we don't even consider and thus showing that we are "aware" and care toward others.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa