Skip to main content

Thoughts on giving up? Nope

When strolling over any of my social media. This end of year full of travelling and marriage pictures. And I could jus t have my mind wander while my body sit still on the night shift in emergency room or else waiting for the doctor to visit the ward as I've done my morning follow up of the patients.
 I would never regret to choose this profession as this could make you more mature and have developed a great sense of patience. Dealing with various kind of people makes you grateful and at the same time for the sake of humanity you have to help any kind people regardles they are criminals. In which deep inside if you forget that you are a doctor and had pledged the hipporatic oath, why would you want to help that residivis who had stolen cell phone and wallet of the society and let the society beat them to death if the police officer didn't bring it to the emergency room in hospital in which I happen to be on the night duty in the middle of the night. Christmas night. While I had a ver bad stomachace and everyone are on their vacation meanwhile. I have to smell those mouth reek of alcohol and tobacco. Bare with the tattoos all over that patient face indicated high risk of HIV positivr or Hepatitis.

But then for every person have right to live and we are here as the saviour only as gods extend.

So then I'm talking about justice. Fairness or anything that the government should think. We are educated people who undergoes series of training and lesson to be a professional doctor yet we don't treat adequately in form of welfare. We all human being that need to take a break, rest, money to buy primary needs and secondary need.

If you ever come across this miserable young doctor who work in the hospital. Please at least call us "doctor" not "dek, mba, mas, nurse" or else we need appreciation and aknowledgment. Those simple little gesture matters much for us.

As my senior doctor said if you want to live as you want. Don't be a doctor. Thus this profession need a high amount of commitment, dedication, patience, motivation and passion.

Set your intention on how you want to live. We are not gold minner nor saint who need high appraisal. But we do deserve respect on time we spent on education, on time we spent to leave our family time and on time we spent on sacrifice our youth. And we do deserve the welfare and the insurance despite serious risk that might happen during our work.

 Above all I never had heard any of my doctors talking bad about other profession when they teach us. But pardon to say, when other profession teach us, they blame doctor everything that goes wrong. Sure we does carry on big responsibility but we do have bigger heart to accept all of those mistakes that any other profession did under our supervision.

Well so it just heads up for everyone who think being a doctor is a noble profession and a choice to make in which come great responsibility to be one of them, yet we are not superhuman and we do eat and breath like everyone else who need proper sleep, enough paycheck to live our lives and adequate time to have a break to spend time with friends and family.

After all we do need to respect just any kind of profession, because if we do it by heart everyting that we need to deserve would come alongway.

-NA

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa