Skip to main content

Being Educated


Lately I have this thought on my mind that how would the future generation of this nation would be dream of in terms of occupation.

I feel sad knowing that kids jaman now when asked what do they wanna do in the future, instead of saying being a doctor, an engineer, or even pilot or astrounout like what was popular back in those days of my 90th generation, now guess what they wanna be? A Comedian or an Artist! I am not saying those two profession aren't as good as the others that 90th generation kids dreamed of but.. if you see the phenomenon nowadays and link to the statement of one magician that turned to be an artist who had a tv show in which I like and used to watch tv just to watch it because it contain good materials said that he blame artist and tv shows that showed inappropriate stuff. So I figured now I think that might be one of the reason why I stop watching tv.

I was talking to one of my cousin who worked in the broadcasting and one of tv station, she said that it's hard to make a good tv show now because all they care about is just the rating and if they want to make good stuff like one of the idealist tv station, they would go bankrupt maybe or something just to keep it in "that class" or level of educated content. Why, as it said in the video, because it's like the pyramid. The lower economic people (more polite to say than poor-uneducated people) are more in number than the middle high educated people and what they can afford is just to watch local tv shows. So then those middle high educated people would change their shows to youtube, internet or cable tv. This is even more pathetic actually because, the lower people messed up with uneducated local tv shows, and some middle high educated people lost their identity by fit in to the other country's culture from their tv shows, series, or movies let say korean drama or netflix or hbo, etc.

What makes me sad that this country no longer appreciate educated and professional people in their own field of work but instead, everything that makes a lot of money is more appreciated. People want everything in instant and not respecting the process anymore. So do the kids are learned that way. At school they don't teach us how to cross the street, what are the symbols in the street means, how to drive, how to have a good manner and attitude. They just stuffed us with a lot of homework and academic stuff to do until we don't even have to breath and some kids just learned how to get good grades easily by cheating and all of that stuff because what matter is you passed every exam with good grades so then you can continue your next level of school. But every process you did at school didn't count. I could really compare how I've been raised in private school and now that I go to public college one. I've been to private school all of my life and then I even got a chance to go oversea but to go to public school there so I have little bit of comparation too. In my school they taught us how to develop your critical thinking skill, you analysis got sharpen the questions mostly essay and so they respect the way you thinking more than just your answer. But then now I got stuck in public school I got to think fast and just wanna pas then I just got the shortcuts. I just memorize the option. I feel like I can't really expressing my self anymore or be critical because everyone are just taught to be doing what they are expected to do and supress their creativity and freedom to speech. Just like colonialization time oh yeah. Whenever I ask my friend talk behind my back that I should just shut up and so the class could be dismissed faster, unlike in my private school where anyone are free to ask and having discussion with teacher and speak their opinion without hesitation because everything that we shared are respected. We are respected human being. We are important. Everyone have their own right and potential to be something. Just like in Howard Gardner multiple inteligence, everyone are good at something and it should be respected.

Anyway, I am just sad that if the professional educated people are abandon and get underpaid just what it start to happen now, what would the future generation thinking? They might want to stop studying because they think that its just waste of time and no money, and instead they will just do whatever they can as fast as they could to produce lots of money and then more and more people would be less educated. Thats the downfall of nation.

-NA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa