Skip to main content

It's been quite productive so far..

I'm actually really grateful that I decided to join this short semester (well since my grades aren't good enough as the last semester though) but it also because I start to join many events and activities held by various organisations on campus so it quiet worth it to stay here quite longer than usual. As I have mentioned I think in my previous post about how the atmosphere feel more like a family than just a friendship. Anyway, I'm glad that Allah always give me a best opportunities that I can take in every decision that I made. It allowed me to do more productive activities and things that I like instead of just killing the time during holiday to burn my stress out doing nothing than massive sleeping hours, hanging around at the mall and watching television. 

In the last semester I got to do YES Berbagi project and this semester I got to do social project with Pengmas family such as Apanjo (Anak Panti Jompo) and Children National Day (Hari Anak Nasional) also strengthening my sisterhood of Rohis during Ramadhan with sleepover (mabit) together, quran recitation and mentoring. 

First of all I want to share about the spiritual activities that I attend which filled up my soul to keep me on the right track. I remembered on the last religion class (on the mentoring or discussion session) I told my teacher that I'm gonna miss this kind of activities together where we could share anything together and also talk about religion in broader perspectives. And alhamdulilah by joinning An-Nisa Rohis I could still find that kind of activities. Although I realize compare to my other friends who might already joinning Rohis since high school my knowledge about Islam, pace in reading quran in fast manner but still beautifully recited, prayers and other surat memories are quite far from them. But those are things that keep motivating me that I have to improve my self to be better like them. They have targets to keep evaluating themselves, adding quran recitation (hafalan surat) unlike me that have stucked memorize quran since beginning of high school maybe. I should target on my self that I should at least memorize juz amma, reading alma surat after subuh prayer which consist of lots of special prayer (that's why I always finish pray really fast just because I have no idea what prayer should I recite beside my wants in indonesian prayer, dzikir, ayat kursi, and pray for my parents and my afterlife salvation. My quite good improvement now is I try to spend several minutes after maghrib to read couple pages of quran although that I know during Ramadhan people are compete to finisih 1-2 juz every day but sometimes my tight schedule couldn't make me do that. So I think what matter is people improve slowly but sure and that's more important than changing drastically, those things need a process to become a habit.

I know that Allah give hidayah to anyone upon his will and it's hard for me to be in a situation where I have various kind of friends that have a totally different world, like you know the urban life has taking all of our concentration to live at the moment leading you do whatever you want although it against his will. But how can we do if the least we can do to try to convince them and just give them suggestion and advice but still keep their own privacy to choose how they practicing their life. As a really good message that I got from the mentoring this morning, Allah would always keep us firm on the pathway that we choose as long as it followed his will. (QS Ibrahim 24-27)

24. Have you not considered how Allah presents an example, [making] a good word like a good tree, whose root is firmly fixed and its branches [high] in the sky?

25. It produces its fruit all the time, by permission of its Lord. And Allah presents examples for the people that perhaps they will be reminded.

26. And the example of a bad word is like a bad tree, uprooted from the surface of the earth, not having any stability.

27. Allah keeps firm those who believe, with the firm word, in worldly life and in the Hereafter. And Allah sends astray the wrongdoers. And Allah does what He wills.

Following the day today, my afternoon filled up with grand launching Apanjo event which planned to be held once a month. I was captivated by two grandmas in that nursing home who were only a few grandma that still fasting among 40 others who were not, did a jamaah prayer with us and you can communicate well with them. You can tell from their expression and content of their talking while sharing with them that they have  accept their condition whole-heartedly in spite the fact that they know the place are for people who are abandoned by their family. 

I felt a goosebumps when grandma Zubaidah said that, when you are grown up and your parents or grandparents are getting older and older, don't ever let them abandoned and put them here. Then she continued pity on herself, "I might not have a husband, a kid, but I have Allah who fulfilled all of my need and that's more than enough. It's still such a blessing which I have to be always grateful of what I've got so far. "
Turned out that she used to be an Islamic Religion Teacher for Elementary school so that's why every words came out from her were full of blessing and calming. Despite a rough loneliness of life that she might gone through she still have a passion to live and doing good. 

In the other hand, grandma Yaumina understood well about the hard condition that her children do to work for their life running and they live faraway in papua and it cost much money just to visit her. But she didn't complain much about that and filled up her day to day activities busy by taking care of plants and sweeping up the floor. 

I saw one thing in common from them that they look way more healthy and younger than their other friends with about the same age with them because they still remember Allah and thus keep them struggle to survive for live. If we know that we live in this world for a purpose and have a strong motive to survive it will keep us alive and always happy to accept whatever condition that we face on. They maximized their remaining years that they have in this world to do good deeds and always remember that God has created them to live for a reason and they should not wasted it. If they turn back from Allah they will feel that their life is meaningless and many disease will come upon them such as alzheimer because they are not using their brain anymore such as to pray and reading quran or listening to the radio, and even schizophrenia because they are over stressed and don't know how to overcome it and manage their feeling. 

Lastly I want to thankful to Allah that I still have my two grandmas by my side although one of them is my step grandma but I already considered her as my real grandma because my natural grandma have died before I even born. I should have treat them well as if I treat those grandma in nursing home and always pray for them. "People don't know how much they have until they lose it"  So I'll try not to wasted this blessing and promise to my self that I'll take care of my parents and grandparents as good as they took care of me when I was little, and even should be better.


-NA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa