Skip to main content

Turning 20's and my Dad's Golden Age (of 50)

well where should I start.. 

I actually always love July since it's my moth of birthday, because there's always wonderful thing to have a birthday once a year as if you feel to be kinda new person and knowing that there are people that haven't contact you for a while still remember your birthday and I think it is sweet of them to congratulate you, wish you a wonderful years ahead showing that they still care about you. Well I've read some proverbs somewhere and I forgot where did I read that but anyway it says;

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care for them"

Isn't it sweet and very true? Cause we as a human are social being so how could we live alone although we know everything to live but we don't have anyone to share and depend on, so misery. 

So yeah on July 7th I turned 20 already. Feel so old isn't it, in fact that I don't feel that way though. But yeah the responsibility keep getting bigger though. But I'm happy that I can drive a car now, one of the soon to be adult achievement so at least now I don't have to always depend on somebody else to go somewhere that I want, at least just to go back and forth to campus. 

I got a sweet surprise from my kost mate in the afternoon and if we trace back to the day that I born, they actually gave me a surprise on a right time when I was born which 6.30 am! So whoever congratulate me at 12.00 midnight, I actually haven't born yet so people don't always get a surprise birthday party at 12 sharp, my suggestion is that, next time ask them when is the right time that they actually born, lol! But because they are super friends so it just happened coincidentally though, they don't even know about this. 

Like any other surprise that we gave to anyone whose having a birthday, they got me a cake (not red velvet though) and lightning candle that I have to be dying to blow it off. Funny thing was I got my asthma attack when they tried to make another surprise for me which was kinda of tradition of pouring with water, eggs, flour, etc. to the birthday girl that I never got that before since my birthday always on a holiday when I was at school so my friend never poured me that kind of stuff. So I was left behind in the middle of nowhere after they poured me with the mixture that they have made by themselves and have to get back to kost. 

When I got back, they already set up and decorate my room. But instead of decorate it looks like a birthday party, they decorate it as if I just have been married. Well yeah they said that 20 is an age that already appropriate to do a marriage. Feel so old huh? My host sister in US already married when she was 20 and now I think that I'm faraway of being ready for that. And when I got back home after a month full of stress with exam, next week after my birthday, I also got a sweet birthday present from my family. My mom picked a cute pink wedges for my birthday present :) 




But what makes me sad is that I have to find a truth that I almost got a B in anatomy! It is so hard to collect score in anatomy and you get a close one, 69 while 70 is a B. So I have to do that SP thing (Short Semester to recover your grades) which is hard to do since this month of holly Ramadhan and you actually just wanna stay home fasting with family. Well it just happened that I always have to do an exam during Ramadhan since High School. But I think that's a good decision to make since even my GPA is close to 3, not even reach 3! Another close one, 2.9.... why should it's alway happen to me? I think I really have to work harder now, and really work it out not only say it out loud that I want to reach a cum laude. Studying medicine is hard and need a great resistance, determination, commitment, integration, dilligent, well you name it all of the good behaviour needed to be success. Hope that my GPA will be recovered as my grades can be raised in all of the classes that I took. Amiiiin.. Specially Anatomy!!!!

A week is even enough to go back home meet up with my family, break fasting in any restaurant that I want, sushi, ribs steak, legit dinner at hotel, they are just very kind to me. A week to celebrate my birthday and my dad's birthday. It's his golden age anyway so yeah we celebrate it with a formal dinning at Mulia Hotel while we break fasting. We can eat any type of food such as western, chinese, arabic, korean, japanese, indian food and pastry served as a buffet but unfortunately our stomach have a limit, so we have to stop when we already feel so full. 


At last I would say, Happy Fasting! Marhaban ya Ramaddhan..

-NA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa