Skip to main content

Back again after becoming Bachelor of Medicine!




Well, it's been hectic months after the graduation I gotta do the KKN and Komuda and completing my research paper to fulfil all of the graduations requirement. I also have to move to get closer to the hospital so it was really tiring to move 4 years of your life into a smaller room :( But although I have a smaller room now, but I am happy that it has sink in the bathroom and also it has the kitchen! I cook almost everyday and try out many different recipe, it so much give you joy to eat everything that you want without having to spend too much. The problem was just it's hard to park my car sometimes because the area for car parking is limited and I rarely drive now except for the weekend or if I have an ouside rotation, instead I walk everyday to the hospital that very nearby. I wanna start liveing healthy now by walking, join the aerobic class once a week, cook the food by myself and read quran one jus everyday and also read news more often! Hopefully I could be istiqomah.
I've been through a lot of thinking yet I forgot to jot it down! too bad.. 

Well during my months of doing my research I learned a lot of how to be selfless, "ihsan" means you just have to give everything you got without demanding much to receive back. It actually a higher form of "ikhlas". I learned how to be grateful enough that I born from a well educated family and got enough facility and access to a good doctor. Most of my patients were living in unsuitable living environment that made their allergist and asthma become worst. But I am really glad to be able to see their health progress and share the stories throughout my research. It taught me a lot to be patient and willing to sacrifice for others. 

Another thing that I learned during the past month was that when I was in Jepara for KKN. It was such a nice place with lots of beaches and tourist attraction actually but not really the kind of crowded one which lots of people know about so then, many beaches were just kinda like the private one. KKN was the program to live in the community of one villages for about a month and we have to create a program that could empower the society. Such in my case in health, I did a seminar for Anemia and also help out the midwife in Posyandu for the pregnant women and babies. We also got involve in lots of activities in the villages. (I will post my KKN Diary on the next post).

Then finally I did Komuda its kinda like a pre coass things before actually becoming a co assistant of doctor in the hospital. It required a professional skill after learning all of theories of health during the pre clinical year. The most memorable one was when I did the surgery rotation. The surgeon really assist us every single day in a week and he really wanted us to become a good doctor who treat the patient not just the numbers in laboratory result and we had to check our patient regularly and make sure the diagnoses was right with physical assessment done by us. We cannot just believe the medical record solely and reported base on that. We have to do it by our own. He teach us to be an honest doctor and a good one, if we are not smart we can study more but once we manipulate the data we'll become a flawed doctor later on. 

So here I am now officially a CoAss doing my first rotation in dermatology and venereology in which it consider as minor one and little bit relax with no night shift and anything else that could torture your free time. However I enjoy this first rotation, I couldn't imagine the description of the disease before until I met the patient and understand it better. We also have a outside rotation in the Puskesmas and Small Hospital outside the main one so I learn a lot more than just the Dermatology diseases. So hopefully I could conquer and completed the next next rotation with as much energy as I have now with an eagerness and willingness to become a real doctor soon.

Pardon my really bad languange, I just write it out whatever popping out my head now.

-NA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem Collection from 7 Habit Highly Effective Teens from Sean Covey

#1: Who am I?  I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as  well turn over to me and I will be able to do  them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you  want something done and after a few lessons  I will do it automatically. I am the  servant of all great individuals and, alas, of  all failures, as well. Those who are great I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin--it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me,  and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am habit #2: Man in the Mirror I'm starting with the man in the mirr

Excerpts from Teman Imaji

Kotatsu: Kopi atau Susu K: "Menurut Mas, ya, lebih enak mana. Lampu merah yang ada penghitung mundurnya. Atau yang tidak? B: "Hmm.. Dengan penghitung mundur. Supaya sambil menunggu, bisa melakukan hal yang lain. Kalau waktunya sudah dekat, bisa bersiap dan bergegas." Kalau kau? K: "Tanpa penghitung mundur. Menunggu jadi seru saat kita tak tahu kapan akan berakhir. Kita akan menghargai setiap detik penantian." B: "Masa?" K: " Iya. Nilai sesuatu lebih berharga saat kita belum memilikinya. Atau, sudah tak memilikinya lagi." B: "Kan, lebih enak kalau tahu semua kenyataan. Apa adanya," K: "Kadang tak tahu, lebih baik dari tau. Lebih baik daripada tau sesuatu tapi tak jujur. Atau tau setengah-setengah, tapi ujungnya kita salah menduga. Atau yang jujur, tapi terlalu pahit." B: "Saya menyimak" K: " Allah itu Mahacanggih. Nggak semua hal dikasih tau ke kita. Karena kita belum siap tau kenyataannya

A Tale of my Two used to be "Friend"

  Ternyata cerita drama atau sinetron itu klo kejadian ke diri lo sendiri itu lebih sakit adanya ngejalaninnya. Gw mau cerita ttg dua orang yang "dulunya" pernah jadi temen gw. Yang satu temen gw di sekumpulan grup pecinta alam yang suka naik gunung bareng. Pernah kerja bareng di suatu acara intra kampus dengan jadi koordinator bareng. Berlanjut sampe bantuin gw skripsian, ya cukup diandalkan lah buat dimintain tolong buat sekedar jemput gw subuh2 di stasiun kereta atau saling support selama koas yg bikin orang vulnerable karna jauh dari orang tua dan tuntutan kerjaan yang bikin lelah hati dan pikiran. Oh tapi ga cuma2 jg dong dia bantuin gw karena yg ada jg dia butuh gw, tiap stase pinjem buku gw, pinjem alkes pun dan ga lupa jg minta operan stase pdhl kita stase bareng aja gapernah jadi senior junior stase jg ga pernah. Entah itu modusnya buat selalu ada bahan ngobrol sama gw atau main bareng gw atau emg simply dia ga modal aja anaknya. Sempet dikecewain karena ternyata pa